Credit unions and partners Members and clients Claims About us

We want to hear from you

Do you have an experience with us that didn’t meet your expectations? Let us know.

Your complaint

Perhaps things didn’t go the way you felt they should. Whether it’s about your policy or service, give us the opportunity to try to make things right.

1. Start the complaint process

Select a product related to your concern, then follow the instructions to initiate the complaint process:

2. Service Review Panel (Home, Auto, Farm and Business) insurance

Complete the Service Review Panel application, including any supporting documentation. Once completed, please return the form to the email or mailing address shown on the form.

Before you submit your application

As a co-operative, we’re closely connected to our members. The panel is made up of volunteer clients: people just like you. They aren’t insurance experts, and they don’t work in the industry, so they bring fresh eyes and open minds to find fair solutions. Because it’s rare for client complaints to escalate to this stage, the panel only meets every two or three months. The panel handles settlements of up to $30,000.

We’re bound by the panel’s decision

If the panel decides that the outcome needs to change, we follow their recommendation. For you, the outcome will either stay the same or change for the better. You don’t give up any rights when you submit an appeal to the panel, and you can still access other ways to appeal.

Beyond the panel’s scope

The panel does not have the authority to deal with:

  • personal injury
  • the issuance, non-renewal or cancellation of an insurance policy
  • coverage claims prescribed by law
  • insurance premium amounts
  • rating policies
  • matters relating to Facility Association or Echelon insurance policies/li>
  • issues that are before the courts

Where can I learn more?
Complaint resolution process

Step 1: Let us know

Talk to a Client Service Representative by calling our Customer Contact Centre:

Step 2: Escalate your complaint

If you’re not satisfied following a discussion with the Customer Contact Centre, ask to whom you can escalate your concern. Depending on the product or service, you may be referred to a manager or an appeals process.

Step 3: Contact the Ombuds Office

If your concern remains unresolved after speaking with a manager, you may email the Ombuds Office or call 1-877-720-6733.

After the Ombuds Office review, you’ll receive a written response, except in the case where a simple complaint or concern can be cleared up over the phone. We complete most investigations within 30 to 60 business days of receiving your complaint and all supporting documentation. If we can’t meet this deadline, we will contact you and tell you why we need extra time and when you can expect a response.

The written response from the Ombuds Office is considered the company’s final position.

Independent assistance

If we are not able to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction and you want to pursue the matter further, you may contact the OmbudService for Life and Health Insurance (OLHI). The OLHI is an independent service that offers recourse to consumers who have not been able to resolve their complaint by dealing with their insurance company.

For clients in Quebec, the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) also provides support. The AMF is a regulatory body established by the provincial government of Quebec.

For clients in Saskatchewan, you may also contact the Superintendent of Insurance:

Mail: Financial and Consumer Affairs Authority of Saskatchewan, Insurance and Real Estate Division
Attention: Superintendent of Insurance, Suite 601-1919 Saskatchewan Drive, Regina, SK S4P 4H2
Phone: 1-306-787-6700
Fax: 1-306-787-9006

Regulation of complaint handling procedures

We have filed our complaint handling procedures with the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC), an independent government body that regulates consumer provisions relating to financial services, including insurance. If you have a specific concern regarding our complaint process or a specific consumer provision, you may raise these concerns with the FCAC. The FCAC can provide tips on how to make a complaint; however, they do not get involved in individual disputes.