Home insurance shelters you from financial loss due to theft, unforeseen events and personal liability that may occur if someone is injured while visiting your home. It can protect you against liability for accidental damage to someone else's property.
Condominium insurance takes into account your responsibility for damage to common areas and improvements you make to your unit, as well as including many of the advantages of a standard home insurance policy. Condos are complex and your insurance needs are different and more complicated. Learn more in Condo Insurance 101.
- Identity Fraud Coverage at no extra cost
- Extended water coverage for damage caused by drains and sanitary systems
- Disappearing deductibles
- Home claim forgiveness feature
- Flexible payment methods, such as credit card or pre-authorized payment and a variety of payment periods, including weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and so on.
Protection’s better when you can save more. Here’s how:
- You are claims-free*
- You have a centrally monitored home security system*
- Your home has a monitored fire alarm system*
- Your home is new*
- You have Neighbourhood Watch
- You are mortgage-free
- You are a mature policyholder
- You have Home and Auto coverage with CUMIS
- You have a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified home
Ask us how to save even more when you insure both your auto and home with CUMIS.*
*Discounts, coverage, and eligibility vary by province.
Access on-demand legal assistance through your CUMIS policy
If you insure your home with us, you have access to our Legal Assistance Helpline. Included with your policy, the helpline allows you to speak with a lawyer in confidence, at no additional cost to you or impact on your policy. Call for guidance with any legal topic, such as legal rights under employment or family law, contract disputes resolution options, and more! And enjoy no limit on the number or length of your calls.
In our most vulnerable communities, not everyone has reliable and affordable access to legal support. In partnership with ARAG Legal Solutions Inc., who administer our Legal Assistance Helpline, we aim to strengthen our commitment to building resilient communities and meeting unmet needs.
The Legal Assistance Helpline is available from 8 a.m. to midnight local time. In emergency situations, you can access the helpline 24/7. To use this valuable service, call 1-855-953-1431.